"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

05 June 2010

Just in the nick of time...

this will probably post right before midnight, but it's all good. There will still be one for June 5th, 2010, right? I had started a post yesterday for today, but now I'm just not feelin' it.

This blogging every day for 30 days might be harder than I thought...


But then I realize that it doesn't have to be perfect. Every post doesn't have to have super-amazing-the-lighting-is-just-perfect-photos or clever writing or something really interesting to talk about...

I am learning to let go & embrace Good Enough.

Especially when it comes to the things that really don't mean anything at the end of the day. You know, like the laundry. I am learning to stop trying to be perfect, even though I am not the typical model of someone who is trying to be perfect. I am not exactly a goody-goody, straight A student, superstar athlete kind of perfectionist.

But I have fallen victim to "If I was just perfectly organized, I wouldn't have issues with _________ ." (fill in the blank with one or more of the following: being late, losing shit, being late, stacking papers into a pile because I literally, really don't know what the hell to do with them, being late. You get the idea). I am finally realizing that I have to be organized for myself & for my family & that I don't have to be perfect at it. I just have to embrace the attitude that sometimes, things just have to be Good Enough. and let it go at that. Save that energy for the bigger things that will head my way.


It is hard to do sometimes.




1 comment:

  1. We must always remind ourselves that's it isn't even really about attempting to achieve perfection and/or removing all imperfections - it's about finding others whose imperfections compliment our own, those who are actually enhanced by our unique inadequacies. I think we are all splendidly flawed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails