"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

18 November 2010

I Built a Bridge and Got Over It...

All I really want to know is this:  Why did I make a List o' Things To Blog About and then I haven't been able to blog about a single one?  It's like the list was made and then my non-Internet life took over, leaving my little blog with no new updates...I have to admit that this isn't a "life is so busy, I just don't have the time to blog" issue...it is more of a "life is challenging me right now and I need to take some time to breathe" issue.  I am trying to figure out quite a few things right now and the last few days I have simply felt overwhelmed.  So, I felt sorry for myself for about 10 minutes (okay, 15 or 20), shed a few tears of confusion & frustration (okay, I cried like a baby) and said some prayers...and then I built a bridge and got over it.



I am not facing anything that is permanent, terrible or hopeless...just some uncomfortable feelings, which I see now as my life making some changes and getting rid of some old, tired habits.  It is this distress of changing that often is more uncomfortable than the changes themselves, you know?  Sometimes it is realizing that you can't do it all, {REALLY, YOU CAN'T}and this means re-thinking the way that you do things...which sometimes just sucks.  But it ultimately feels good because you know that you are doing the right thing by making the changes that you know you need to make, even when it is hard.

I couldn't let today's post pass without this:  I have to give a shout out to my Momma... 
Happy Birthday Mom!  
You are a wonderful Mom and you inspire me everyday...I love your sense of adventure, your sense of humor, for the funny things that you always say {like when I was working at Starbucks and this Creeper Business Man in his Creeper Suit used to always ask me to write my number on his Starbucks cup and you told me that I should write: 303-Eat-Shit on his cup instead- I totally should have, that guy was a jackass!} and I love that you are such a fabulous Nana to our sweet little Reese.  I Love You!

1 comment:

  1. A wise woman once taught me something called the 10-10-10 rule....think about it and breath, don't be so hard on yourself! Love ya ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails