"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

21 November 2010

Before & After

 These pictures are some of the things that I refinished this summer.  The picture of the ship below was left in our garage by the former owners and was covered in about 2 inches of dust.  Nothing that a little cleaning and a fresh coat of spray paint won't fix!  The mat that I used is too small, but it was the only one that I had at the time, so I just used it.  I plan on having one made that is bigger, but for now it will have to do.

{Before}

{After}


This is my school chair.  I bought it at a second hand shop for $3.99 and we use it for our desk chair.  It was actually made here in Denver by the Majestic Furniture Company- I took a picture of the label, but I can't get the picture to rotate...my bad.  Anyway, I love this chair, especially the red paint.  I went through my fabric stash and finally decided to use this brown & cream hounds tooth, which looks good with the red.  This was super easy and took me about 30 minutes to finish.  I did use cotton batting over the original black vinyl to make it look a little more smooth.

{Before}


{Notice the little black cat...inspecting the situation}

 
 {After}


Love it!  I also love that I can change it so easily...but for now, I love the hounds tooth:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails