"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

10 November 2012

Tonight, Josh went out for a co-worker/friend's birthday and Reese stayed the night with her beloved Nana (they like to get into mischief when they spend time together-but only the good kind of mischief...that's what they tell me any way!)  This left me and Carter home.  I fed him dinner and we played and then I put him in bed.

I was up late last night (shocking, I know) working on an order that I had to deliver this evening (2 bib sets and 2 lovey blankets for twin baby girls in Brazil!!)  I was pretty tired by the time Carter went to bed, but there is no way I am going to go to bed when my 1 year old goes to bed.  Besides, I was looking forward to a little time a-l-o-n-e, so I put in a movie (Julie & Julia) and started on a project that is for my 2 kids.  I make so many things that are given as gifts or purchased, that I don't always make stuff that stays here.

This is what I am making: 

The Sixth Time's a Charm quilt from the Amazing  Anna Maria Horner.

{photo : Stitched In Time}

 I spent the night watching the movie and sorting through all of my fabric scraps.  I am making one for Reese and one for Carter and I am even using some of their old clothes as part of the quilt.  Reese had a lovely little summer dress from the Gap and she spilled nail polish on it, so in the scrap pile it went.  I have never made a quilt before, so I am excited to give this one a try.   It was a nice way to spend a cold & snowy Saturday night!


1 comment:

  1. I am saving all of the girls favorite shirts with the hope that I can have a quilt made for them someday. You will be the first one I ask! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails