"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

08 November 2012

Let me count the ways....

I met Josh while I was working at Starbucks.  We knew we were a good match because we share a mutual love and adoration for good coffee.  We will drink it anytime, anywhere, in any weather.  I am not exaggerating either.  We spent our honeymoon in our beloved city of Seattle and seriously stopped for coffee a couple of times every day.

I remember distinctly telling Josh that, "no matter what, we will always buy good beer and good coffee."  I really didn't care if we were broke, we were not going to skimp on two of life's simple pleasures.

Fast forward three years, a baby and minus one income.  We don't buy beer very often and we have a 1lb. 13.3oz jug of Maxwell House French Roast in our cabinet.

I would have been sort of horrified 3 years ago.  But it's not too bad.  Really. I add a little Silk Vanilla Soy Creamer and it is delicious.


This morning I was feeding Carter and Josh brought me my coffee.  I took one sip and began my morning ritual of telling my coffee how much I love it.  I have tried to give it up and drink tea instead, but I just can't seem to give it up for the long-term.  I love chai tea, especially in the afternoon, but I just love my coffee in the morning too much.  Seriously, it is a simple pleasure.

Okay....Let's be honest here.  I am no morning person.  Coffee makes momma happy, which makes everyone else in my house happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails