"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

02 December 2009

In January...

This will always be my very own blog, where I can give my two cents on various topics or bore you with getting batteries for my watch (still wearing it- yessssssssss) and entertain you with my triumphs and yes, mishaps in parenting. However, since we have bought our first house and got married, all in the same month, Josh and I have started a new blog where we will document our adventures in renovating our 1957 ranch. We are working on some of the first posts and getting all of our photos organized, but here is the link in the meantime:

Knox Court {A Mid-Century Modern Makeover}
A Young Family's Adventure Renovating Their 1957 Ranch

We love our new/old house so much and I knew it was our house when I pulled up on a rainy afternoon this summer, 2 days after it was put on the market. I knew when I realized that the house had a mail slot next to the amazing sunburst front door that this was the house for me. I am not one to be happy in a super suburb and I love a house with some history. We put an offer on it shortly after that and after a few bumps in the road, we closed on it and moved in at the very end of August...

So, when I somehow stumbled onto the Dude Craft website and found his link to Curbly and their new Make it! Mid-Century Modern book release party and the amazing ottoman give away, I had the perfect intro to our new blog. Here is a photo of the ottoman:

{Pretty sweet, huh? Looks like this book that is going on my wish list!}

Well, I hope that you will check out our new blog in January. I have posted one post and will post a few pictures of our house as a little teaser. I think that you will agree that our front door is "boss" as my Dad used to say (and sometimes still does)...

{This door had me at hello}

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails