"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

08 March 2009

One Week until the Big Day!

Well, the countdown has begun (well, I have been counting down for the last year!) and I offically have 7 days until I turn 30! I am really excited and sort of sad to be saying good bye to my 20's. What a crazy 10 years of my life! I started my 20's in Gunnison, Colorado at Western State College and I will finish them being engaged to the most loving, funny, handsome and wonderful man & the momma to the most beautiful, sweet, fiesty, hilarious, loving, artistic & amazing little 4 year old girl. The beginning was a wild ride and I have had my fair share of heartache and disapointment and regrets, but that it is what has taught me the most. Like Bishop Dennis Leonard at Heritage Christian Center always says (this is not a direct quote, but you get the idea): "God uses heat & pressure to create a diamond. He uses heat & pressure to change you, to mold you into the person that you need to be." The heat & pressure were painful to endure, but they have been worth it. I wouldn't be where I am, if I hadn't had Jesus to help guide me through those painful days. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails