"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

27 March 2009

I Better Not Get My A$$ Kicked!

Self-Discipline: You have been ignoring me.
Me: I know.

Self-Discipline: You have hurt my feelings.
Me: I know. I'm sorry!

Self-Discipline: It is really for your own good.
Me:
You are absolutely right.

Self-Discipline: It will help make you the person that you want to be.
Me: (Sheepishly): I know...but why is it so hard?

Self-Discipline: Because it is the hard stuff that molds you.
Me: (softly): Ok...

Self-Discipline: When you do what is hard for you to do (because you have the self-discipline to do it anyway), remember that this will help mold you & it will teach you what you need to know in order to become the person that you are not yet, but know that you want to become. Ok?
Me: Ok. Thanks for the inspiration.

Self-Discipline: Now. Go do what you know you need to do or I'll kick your ass.
Me: OK...Damn!


So, there you go, another battle with Self-Discipline. It is crazy how it influences every aspect of my life...especially when I am ignoring it. I think about the impact of Self-Discipline on my life, on events in the past & thinking forward to the future, it really makes me aware of where I lacked it in the past and where I want to apply it in the future. What trips me up is the impact it has on a day-to-day basis on my life. It is almost invisible, unless you are paying attention. When you are paying attention, you see where you have a choice in that instant, to practice Self-Discipline when you are tempted to do what you are trying to stop doing (or start doing!), whatever it is that you want to change in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails