"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

11 July 2008

Kind & Generous...

Today is the big day. I am moving. I have been living at home with my parents for 4 1/2 years and today is the day that this chapter in my life will close. This is significant for many reasons, the biggest being that this is the place where I watched my body grow and change with the blessing of pregnancy, the place where I brought home my firstborn and where we have watched her grow into a beautiful and spunky 4 year old. This is also the place where I fell in love with Josh & where we started our relationship. I almost feel like I am graduating from high school or something...like every year has represented a year of total growth and change, not just for Reese, but for me too. And like most graduates, I am sad to leave (very sad), but also very, very excited for the next stage, the next adventure. I will still be close by and Reese will be able to see her Nana & Papa very frequently, although much to my Dad's dismay (wink, wink) the cat will not be a regular visitor...So, on that note, this is a little message to my wonderful, loving and absolutely supportive parents:

Kind & Generous:
By Natalie Merchant
You've been so kind and generous
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
For your selflessness, my admiration
And for everything you've done
You know I'm bound... I'm bound to thank you for it
You've been so kind and generous
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
And I never could have come this far without you
So for everything you've done you know I'm bound... I'm bound to thank you for it
I want to thank you for so many gifts you gave with love and tenderness
I want to thank you
I want to thank you for your generosity, the love and the honesty that you gave me
I want to thank you show my gratitude, my love and my respect for you
I want to thank you
I want to...
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you...


I don't think that I can say anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails